Summer Hommus Rice Paper Rolls
Prep Time – 20 minutes, Total cook time – 45 minutes
- 1 SSS Foods Coriander, Cumin & Chili Hommus
- 10 – 14 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 large cucumber, julienned
- 1 large capsicum, julienned
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 100g cooked rice noodles or rice vermicelli (optional)
- 5 large green lettuce leaves
- Optional: 15 medium cooked prawns, peeled and sliced in half length-wise
- Garnish: sesame seeds
- Dipping sauce: sweet chilli sauce
These Vietnamese Veggie Rice Paper rolls are super fresh, full of flavour and visually appealing due to their colourful contents. They’re the perfect accompaniment for parties and celebrations, everyone loves them and they’re usually the first thing to disappear from the table.
The best part is they’re so versatile, you can choose your favourite raw or grilled veggies to fill them with and you won’t feel bad for overindulging as they are super healthy.
- The first and most important part is to have everything sliced and ready to go before you begin assembling.
- Fill a shallow dish with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper round into water. Place on a clean tea towel.
- Place veggies and noodles neatly together with a heaped teaspoon of hommus on the bottom 1/3 of the rice paper. Starting from the bottom of the roll, roll up and over the filling, fold in the sides and continue to roll until the rice paper has wrapped around the roll.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Tip: Don’t over-stuff the roll and roll everything up tightly, just like a burrito.