Prep Time – 30 minutes, Total cook time – 60 minutes
For the lasagne:
- 1 box instant lasagne sheets
- 2 jars of pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 tub SSS Foods Hommus
- 400g firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat over oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add carrots, capsicum, zucchini and onion. Cook until lightly browned. Add baby spinach and sauté for another few minutes until wilted. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Place drained tofu in a large bowl. Crumble with hands. Add hummus, nutritional yeast, basil, salt, and garlic powder. Stir together with your hands until it’s semi-smooth and resembles ricotta.
- Spread ½ cup pasta sauce evenly over the bottom of baking dish. Layer lasagne sheets on top (snap off their ends to fit, and/or overlap their edges as necessary).
- Add a thin layer of the ricotta mixture, top with a layer of veggies and cover evenly with more pasta sauce. Repeat the process starting with the pasta sheets, then the ricotta mixture, vegies and finish with pasta sauce.
- Continue to layer ingredients until the baking dish is full. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad.