Lemon & Garlic Roasted Vegetables with Hommus Dip
Prep Time – 20 minutes, Total cook time – 60 minutes
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup baby beets sliced in halves
- 1 cup capsicum sliced in 2cm strips
- 1 cup zucchini sliced in 2cm
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt & pepper
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 cup SSS Foods Hommus
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 medium avocado
- Once all of the vegetables have been sliced up to bite size pieces, toss them in olive oil and minced garlic. Season well with salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer the vegetables to a large baking tray covered in baking paper. Ensure vegetable are spread evenly out on the tray.
- Bake at 180 °C until tender on the inside and lightly browned on the outside (approximately 35 mins). Sprinkle lemon zest over the vegetables; set aside to cool before assembling bowls.
- Divide the roasted vegetables among 4 single-serving containers. Top each with 1/2 cup brown rice and 1/4 cup hommus and add a lemon wedge to each container. Seal the containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days. To serve, squeeze the lemon wedge over the bowl and top with one-fourth avocado, diced.
This is the perfect recipe when you are looking for something hearty but healthy. When roasting vegetables, the flavour intensifies adding a layer of sweet and savory goodness to your palate.