Mediterranean Layered Dip
Makes 5 cups (120 chips) | Cook for 15 minutes
Not your ordinary layer dip, the bold combination of SSS Foods hommus and Greek yogurt will be a new most-requested recipe at your BBQ or family get together.
- 2 tubs of SSS Foods Natural Hommus
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red capsicums/peppers
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Assorted fresh vegetables or Lebanese bread
- Spread hommus onto a 12-in. round serving platter; top with roasted capsicums/peppers.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, lemon juice, oil, basil and mint. Using a slotted spoon, spoon spinach mixture over peppers. Top with cheese, olives and onion. Serve with vegetables or Lebanese bread.
Tip: You can make homemade pita chips by cutting a package of pita bread into wedges. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon coarse salt. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool; store in an airtight container.