Crispy Kale Salad with Hommus Dressing (makes 4 serve)
Prep Time – 15 minutes, Total cook time – 1 hour 5 minutes
Roasted sweet potato with crispy kale mingled together with a creamy hommus dressing to create a satisfying vegan salad that hits all the notes.
- 1 225g tub of SSS Foods Traditional Hommus
- 1/4 cup basil pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Vegetables and crackers to serve
- ½ cup hommus
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Peel and chop sweet potato into 2cm cubes. Toss in 1 tbsp olive oil and season well with sea salt. Place chopped sweet potato on a lined sheet tray. Spread them out in a single layer and do not overlap. Roast sweet potato in the oven for 30 min until golden brown with crispy bits on the side. You may want to turn them halfway through so both sides are caramelised properly. Remove from the oven to cool down.
- Keep the oven on at 200°C or 400°F after you have roasted the sweet potatoes. Wash and dry the kale leaves thoroughly. Using a sharp knife, remove the kale stems by making a V-shaped cut along the stems. Tear up the larger leaves to smaller bit sized pieces. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and massage the kale leaves thoroughly. Then sprinkle with sea salt. Place on a lined sheet tray and bake for 15 mins or until crisp but you still want the leaves to be mostly green. Remove from the oven and then leave to cool for a few mins.
- Add hommus, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and maple syrup together in a small bowl.
- Mix well until combined.
- On a serving platter, spread the hommus dressing across the plate in a circle.
- Layer crispy kale on one-third of the plate over hommus dressing and then roast sweet potato next to it.
- Crush roasted cashew nuts into smaller pieces and scatter on top of the salad.
- Finish with a sprinkle of chilli flakes and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Note: Special thanks to Phenie, Amy & Sammy for making CRISPY KALE SALAD WITH HOMMUS DRESSING.
Recipe link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFRlJCZD01O/