Grilled Corn Hommus Tostadas
Makes 4 servings | Cook for 30 minutes
This recipe is a combo of Mediterranean and Mexican cuisines, giving it a unique taste. Avocado and hommus may sound like a weird mix, but they really go well together.
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 small red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 container of SSS Foods Coriander, Cumin and Mild Chilli Hommus
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, optional
- Fresh coriander (cilantro)leaves, optional
- Mexican hot pepper sauce, optional
- Brush corn and onion with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill corn and onion, covered, over medium-high heat until tender and lightly charred, 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, brush tortillas with remaining oil. Grill, covered, until crisp and lightly browned, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Cut corn from cobs. Process hommus, chipotle pepper and 2 cups of the cut corn in a food processor until almost smooth. Coarsely chop grilled onion; toss with tomatoes, salt and any remaining corn.
- Spread hommus mixture over tortillas; top with onion mixture, avocado, cheese and jalapeno. If desired, serve with limes, cilantro and pepper sauce.