Hommus Rice Cakes
- 1 cups of uncooked brown rice
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 container of SSS hommus
- 3/4 cup chopped olives (or you choice of vegetable or meat - see note below)
- 1 cup & 1.5 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp oil to cook
- Add chia seeds to brown rice, and cook as per instructions on brown rice packet.
- Allow chia rice to cool and add hummus, olives and 1.5 Tbsp flour together and mix well.
- Put remaining cup of flour in dish, ready to coat patties as they are made.
- Make patties to desired size, flattening to around 1cm thickness.
- Coat patties in flour, and place aside, ready to be cooked.
- Warm 1 Tbsp oil in pan over medium heat and cook patties until they are golden brown. Repeat until all patties are cooked.
- Serve with your choice of salad or vegetables.
Note: Olives can be interchanged with other vegetables or cooked meats. This recipe works best with items that are diced same and do not have large amount of water content.
Special thanks to Debora O'Donnell for making HOMMUS RICE CAKES.